Originally Written August 2nd, 2017
This is Janet here, edited by David.
God has been so faithful to myself, my husband and us together as one flesh. I had been blogging for a while before I got married, which was one of my main purposes and passions as a single, but was lead during my courtship season and now being married to focus my attention on my marriage and home. As the Lord has exciting things in store for us. My husband and I plan to roll out this year and the next couple of years, by the publishing of my anticipated book and much more, I am being led to reconvene my blogging in hopes of blessing my sisters in Christ.
God has so been faithful! On August.2nd.2016 we made our way to my town’s ‘Municipal Hall’, or as they say it in the U.K. ‘Council’ to get our marriage license and to make our union legal before the State! It was an exciting time. This is an alternative to having a wedding ceremony, whether you can’t, or want to do so later, this method makes your union solidified under God and gives the protection God offers to those married.
What I wore was a beautiful modest white dress which you can find here: Dantiya Women’s Half Sleeve Elegant Back Zipper A-Line Knee Long Dress. I wanted to keep the white theme to signify I was re-purified by Christ to enter into holy matrimony with my husband.
For those in courtship wondering how to get a marriage license in the USA, it starts with you:
1. Calling to make an appointment with your town’s Municipal Hall before you get married.
2. Then to that appointment you are to bring both you and your spouses’ government issued IDs, the total money amount as payment for services, and one witness. Once at your appointment the procedure is straightforward.
3. You fill out the licence with your personal details name, address, if you have been married before, parents information, where you will be married and finally whom will be marrying you.
4. Once completed the original is kept with the office and a carbon copy given to you. You will then need to bring it to your wedding ceremony where the officiating personnel, in my case my New Jersey pastor, would need to sign it with another witness, which was my father. This marriage certificate would then need to be taken to the licenced town hall where you got married in, mine was Irvington were your Marriage Certificate would then be issued. You needed to get a license to get married, so one may attain a marriage certificate.
I write all of this because scripture says in:
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. And they marvelled at him.
And again in:
God honors for us to honor the law of the Land as we honor him.
For the UK procedure you can read about it here: https://www.gov.uk/
I also am often asked books and materials I used in preparation for marriage. Some of my favorites are:
• A series of self-published books by Brother Femi Awodele Agapao being one of them.
• Going through this premarital course called Prepare Enrich with my husband was also awesome!
It’s been wonderful going down memory lane with you all!
Your sister in Christ,